I now work for FIS, in the Securities Finance division (formerly part of SunGard).
I worked for Fidessa for six years (2010-2016). From 2014, I managed a team of four others, implementing changes to a SaaS mission-critical cash equities / futures and options OMS for sell-side institutions. My time was split between hands-on development, project management and technical design. My skills were relied upon to develop complicated enhancements to some of Fidessa biggest customers' systems, to coach my colleagues and ensure no mistakes are made.
A typical day could have involved:
- liaising with customer-facing delivery managers and business analysts, to understand customer requirements;
- technical analysis and design;
- technical project management;
- software development, implementation and testing;
- applying changes to Production according to strict procedure;
- triaging and investigating Production issues and bringing to resolution, remaining calm in a high pressure environment;
- coaching and managing junior team members;
- gate-keeping and code reviewing my team's work;
- pro-actively improving the department’s procedures, documentation and tools.
I have experience in Linux/Unix, TCL scripting, Java programming, Sybase SQL, Perforce version control and the FIX Messaging Protocol.
The key part of my MSc in IT Consultancy 2009-2010 was experience with the Kent IT Clinic. I achieved a Distinction for this Masters course and furthermore was awarded a prize for the best post-graduate Computing project in the year.
As a project leader within the KITC, I led several teams of consultants to provide a variety of technology solutions for small and medium enterprise clients in and around Canterbury.
The player follows a real shooting competition format. Unlike most shooting games, the emphasis is on safety! The player is taught how to handle the rifle safely and follow the course of fire. Infractions will result in a warning and/or a game over.
"I had a go and it's impressive and fun - quite how you managed this is a mystery. ... I liked the prompt to take the next action and the urgency of the drills. I'm sure others would enjoy it too" Peter Cottrell, Head of Shooting & Training at UK NRA
From May 2005 until February 2007, I was a member of a small team of administrators managing Spellhold Studios, which has thousands of members. My responsibilities ranged from technical (updating information on the website) to social management (resolving disputes and upholding the forum rules). I also enjoyed teaching new community members how to get to grips with the coding language.
My Infinity Engine mods are:
- Yikari (Download), an honourable, steadfast and loyal human monk NPC;
- The Jerry Zinger Show (Download), a ribald theatrical show;
- Shed's Mods (Download), a collection of mini-mods;
- Lord of the Rings Item Pack (Download), a Lord of the Rings themed item pack;
- The One Ring (Download), allowing the player to wield the One Ring from the Lord of the Rings.